Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Boat Stolen By Rain


The twin paper boats sailed past,
leaving laughter in their rippled trails,
while I stood, lost in the rain,
drowning, drowning in the memories.

Nameless faces framed her face,
A smile hidden behind the wet hair,
pushed a paper boat, it rose, then drowned,
but not before it reached me.

The rain witnessed our secrets, our sighs.
It washed our tears, it bathed our joy.
Dreams rose and dreams drowned,
but the paper boats kept floating past.

Then her boat sunk in the cruel rain,
I was marooned, she stolen from me.
Time had run her course, the scheming brook.
Memories and rain alike, drowning me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your graffiti here before you leave; this wall needs all the colour it can get. And check back, I always reply as promptly as the wifi allows me to. ;)